CowaterSogema’s approach to economic development builds communities through programs that reduce poverty, promote economic prosperity, and improve the environment for state, private sector and civil society stakeholders. We support and build on regional economic development priorities through our work with private and public sector partners to create an enabling environment for economic development.
Operating across a wide range of sectors, we have worked to create vibrant, sustainable clusters of excellence within geographic regions. Our comprehensive approach to economic development integrates regulatory, infrastructure, financial and governance behaviors and policies. This approach will allow community-based enterprises to be created, compete fairly, grow, invest confidently in local markets, and contribute positively to the socio-economic conditions of their communities.
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES
- “One Stop Shop” solutions which enhance the business environment through transparent, efficient procurement and local governance practices
- Value-chain based economic development programs that develop and exploit comparative advantages for selected regions
- Reforms that improve private sector confidence in the environment for regional investment
- Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) development
- Sustainable economic development programs which balance the return on investment priorities of corporate partners with the socio-economic priorities of local communities
- Skills development, training, livelihoods and job creation programs