CowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.
At CowaterSogema we strive to develop customized projects that address the unique situation of each client while bringing international best practices; modern and appropriate infrastructure; and information technology (IT) solutions. Our solutions address specific needs and challenges at the government, institution, industry partner, community, and individual level providing capacity building and participatory approaches that are client driven and sustainable. This approach ensures all stakeholders are a part of project design, decision-making and follow-up.
Our Approach enables us to:
- Assist all beneficiaries to come together and articulate their needs, mobilize resources, and plan and manage change together
- Facilitate institutional strengthening and reform to improve and strengthen governance and accountability
- Promote effective resource management delivering results efficiently, effectively and economically
- Deliver modern, appropriate, and reliable physical infrastructure including water, sanitation and energy
- Deliver the highest quality results that are on time and on budget
- Award winning approach to project management and implementation with experience in more than 80 developing and transitional economies
- In-country expertise with a large network of local staff, consultants, and partners
- Full-cycle project management including design, financing, large scale procurement and construction oversight capabilities
- Fund management expertise for large scale grants on behalf of donors and clients
- Sustainable results through capacity building and participatory approaches with government, institutions, communities, industry partners, and individuals
- Customized solutions designed in partnership with stakeholders to address unique situations and environments
- Technological advantage by designing and implementing high quality technology solutions for governments and the private sector
- International standards and best practices
- Professional excellence with a strong multidisciplinary and multilingual capacity